Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Discipleship Dare Day Five- Love God


The world offers many seductions. The enemy of our souls does not care how he keeps us from God. To him it is immaterial. Wealth or poverty, success or failure, it matters not, they can each serve the purpose.

The Message Bible puts it this way: "Don't love the world's ways. Don't love the world's goods. Love of the world squeezes out love for the Father. Practically everything that goes on in the world- wanting your own way, wanting everything for yourself, wanting to appear important- has nothing to do with the Father. It just isolates you from Him." I John 2:15-16


There is good reason for Jesus defining the greatest commandment as love for the Father with all our being. Second place is no place at all.

1 comment:

mollyhow said...

I love to talk about God and to walk with him. The times I find distraction from that is when I have to remember that it is then when I need to show my love for him the most.