Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Discipleship dare Day 12- The meekness ethic


In this world might often equals right. Whoever can wield the greatest power wins the right of control. This is true in military affairs, politics, business and many other places.


Jesus never used His power to control, though He could have, but He influenced by love. Healing, teaching, dying meekly the death of a servant.


Is the meekness ethic of Jesus lost in our church culture today? Where can we see it in action? How could we exercise it more readily?




Thy will move me, Thy will use me

You lay your crushing hand, your mighty hand

On me gently


You know my name, wound me

You know my frame, heal me

You lay your crushing hand

Your mighty hand on me gently


Do what You must and save me

I'm in the dust now raise me

Lord I believe, help my unbelief

Go gently


Terry Taylor

No comments: